Hello, Sam here! I’m here to talk about my trip to ‘The Windy City’ back in 2015. It was one of my roommate’s birthday weekend and we all felt like we needed a getaway – what better way to celebrate than a trip to Chicago?
Because this trip was so long before the inception of this blog, my memory is a bit hazy so I am just going to compile a list of things to see, eat, and do while in Chicago. These attractions are surely not to be missed!
- Visit one of Chicago’s many great parks and see historic landmarks like Buckingham Fountain & The Giant Bean (Fun Fact: The Buckingham Fountain is the fountain featured in the opening credits for the show ‘Married With Children’)
- Stuff your face with some delicious Deep Dish Pizza at Giordano’s
- Grab a drink on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Building in the Signature Lounge!
- Bite into a famous Chicago Dog (Hint: Don’t ask for Ketchup!)
- Take a stroll through Navy Pier
- Visit or Watch a game at the Home Of The Cubs
- Take a River/Lake Boat Cruise
- Explore various neighborhoods of the city, including Oldtown and Chicago Riverwalk
- Scarf Down an Al’s Italian Beef & ‘Make it WET!!!” (By far my favorite thing to eat in all of Chicago!)
- Experience a Jazzy Brunch at River Roast
BONUS: Visit the eclectic neighborhood of Wicker Park and grab a Jazz Record!
Chicago was so much fun, I cannot wait to revisit. Have you been to Chicago? What is your favorite thing to do there?